The Vampire Facial® is the perfect way to achieve your desired look with long-lasting, natural results. This advanced, minimally-invasive treatment plumps and revitalizes skin using PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) isolated and administered with FDA approved equipment. PRP is a natural substance derived from your own blood, helps to reduce signs of aging, resulting in a youthful, glowing complexion that radiates health and vitality. Experience the transformative power of the Vampire Facial® today and enjoy beautiful skin for weeks to come!
The procedure is simple: you come in, have your PRP collected and then it is microneedled into your skin.
This procedure was made famous by the Kardashians and has been publicized in magazines around the world.
What does it treat?
Vampire Facial® corrects the Following:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin laxity
- Sagging skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Textural irregularities
- Pigmented lesions
- Dull complexion
- Acne scarring
- Light facial scarring
- Stretch marks
Prepare for PRP Vampire Facial?
Prior to your Vampire Facial® appointment, we need to make sure your face is ready for your treatment!
Please note the following:
- Avoid alcohol and blood thinners 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Make sure you have talked to Dr. Esmay about your blood thinners if you use them. He may have specific instructions for you.
- Avoid sun exposure, laser treatments, and tanning beds 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid any cosmetic treatments such as a wrinkle relaxer or filler for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you suffer from cold sores, make sure you have talked with Dr. Esmay as you may want to consider an anti-viral to help prevent possible break out.
- The use of the Di Morelli® Skin Care products is highly recommended in conjunction with your treatment. We have that available as well as Thorne® supplements that may help you have a better result.
Please call our office if you have any questions: 512-504-7399.
Vampire Facial® After Care Instructions
You will be sent home with some remaining plasma. Please reapply topically to face every 2-3 hours for the first 8 hours after returning home. The next morning you can take a cool shower and wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
You will be sent home with an aftercare kit. Please follow the instructions.
Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil) and Aleve for one week. An inflammatory response is the goal for regenerative benefit and will be decreased with these medications.
Use Tylenol as needed for soreness.
- Take it easy following your treatment! Steer clear of any intense physical activities that make you break a sweat. Furthermore, it’s best to avoid jacuzzi, sauna, or steam baths for 24 hours post-treatment, as the pores may still be open. If there is inflammation present, give yourself 48 hours before taking a dip.
- No make-up post-procedure for 2 days.
- Lie back and elevate the head of your bed for some well-deserved relief. Make sure to get nice and cozy in order to take a load off both your body and mind!
- Clean your bedding, especially pillow cases prior to use.
- Clean your cell phone and glasses prior to use.
Guard your skin from the sun’s powerful rays! Take a break from tanning and keep out of direct sunlight for two weeks. After 24 hours, be sure to lather up with SPF 30 (or higher) sunscreen. When spending time in the sun, don’t forget to put on a hat and reapply sunscreen every couple of hours. Stay safe by taking these precautions and you can still enjoy the sunshine!
It’s perfectly normal for your skin to feel tight, dry, and sensitive to the touch after treatment! To ensure a speedy recovery, we recommend treating your skin gently. When washing, use a mild cleanser and cool water, using only your hands and patting it dry at least 4 hours later. You may also experience some redness or sensitivity, and the slightest bruise is expected which can last up to a week. Additionally, light swelling could take 2-4 days to fully subside.
The next day you can use a gentle cleanser. Please avoid makeup for 48 hours if possible.
At this point supplements are also important in your results. We have supplements available if you would like to know more.
Plan social calendar accordingly!
- It’s best to take a break from strenuous physical activity that leads to sweating after your treatment. Also, make sure to stay away from jacuzzis, saunas, or steam baths for at least 24 hours post-treatment to avoid any discomfort caused by opened pores, and up to 48 hours if there is redness.
The process of peeling usually begins 3-5 days after your treatment. You will notice that your skin is drier and flakier, which is totally normal as it indicates an increased turnover of dead skin cells. To help the regeneration process, be sure to resist the temptation of picking, scratching, or scrubbing at the treated area—let the old skin come off naturally! Keeping your skin moisturized is paramount, so apply a good quality moisturizer every two hours if needed
When will I see my results?
- An immediate short-term result is plump, luminous skin for a couple of weeks due to inflammation and very superficial swelling.
- After 3-4 weeks, the PRP and Microneedling will have activated your body to create new collagen and elastin. You will see your skin change over the next couple months, with really being able to appreciate the change in your skin around the 3-month mark.
If you have any questions or concerns and for further information or to book an appointment, please call our office at 512-504-7399
Vampire Facial® in the press!