What are Dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are a powerful tool to reduce the signs of aging and restore volume and contour in your face. As we age, our skin loses its elasticity, collagen production decreases, and deep wrinkles tend to form. We lose fat tissue in portions of our face as well. Dermal fillers can help you address these issues by restoring lost volume and diminishing the appearance of wrinkles.
The best part about dermal fillers is that the results are immediate and long-lasting. With careful application, these products can help you achieve a more youthful look without expensive surgery. So, if you’re looking for a way to erase some years from your appearance without going under the knife, dermal fillers could be the perfect solution for you.
Dermal Filler is a Minimally Invasive Treatment
Dermal fillers are administered in a fast, minimally-invasive procedure. Through small injections, dermal fillers actively reduce wrinkles, add volume and improve texture, creating subtle yet beautiful results. You don’t have to worry about long recovery times or spending hours under anesthesia; you can simply walk into our office and leave with a refreshed and youthful look.
With just a few tiny injections, you can reduce wrinkles and furrows in as little as 10 minutes and have real results returned within days. The hyaluronic acid formulations used for dermal fillers will provide immediate relief from wrinkles and sagging skin and stimulate collagen production over time, restoring youthful contours and skin tone.
Excitingly, YouRestored offers the Vampire Facelift® which combines the power of PRP with Dermal Fillers for an immediate result that has you looking more youthful, natural and well rested after the procedure.
Dermal Fillers Correct the Following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Facial creases
- Nasolabial folds around the nose
- Marionette lines around the mouth
- Perioral lines around the lips
- Loss of midface volume
- Deep tear troughs
- Hollow cheeks
- Recessed chin/jawline
- Insufficient chin projection
Dermal fillers are non-toxic and contain ingredients that naturally occur in the body. In addition, the pain during the treatment is minimal since the fillers themselves have anesthetic, the needle is extremely thin and we pair this with a topical anesthetic.
Dermal Filler Options
Juvéderm’s® collection of hyaluronic acid-based fillers are tailored to treat different areas of the face, including the chin, cheeks, lips, and facial folds, providing long-lasting results with minimal downtime. Create subtle, natural-looking changes that make all the difference in restoring your confidence with Juvéderm® today.
Restylane® is a versatile collection of hyaluronic acid-based fillers used to address a variety of aesthetic concerns. From reducing wrinkles to restoring facial volume and enhancing lips, our medical providers will find the best Restylane® filler for your individual needs and aspirations. Look and feel confident with the beautiful results of this modern solution!
Collagen is one of the most important parts of our skin’s structure, which helps keep it looking young and healthy. Unfortunately, as we age, collagen production reduces drastically. Dermal fillers can help compensate for this volume loss and pairing them with growth factors from your own body in a Vampire Facelift® can result in stimulating natural collagen production in the skin cells, increasing elasticity, reducing wrinkles and improving skin tone.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is an important molecule that occurs naturally in our skin and helps to keep it moisturized and hydrated. As we age, our natural stores of hyaluronic acid start to deplete leading to dryness, wrinkles and dullness. Dermal fillers help draw water to the injection area, leading to fuller, more glowing skin.
Dermal Fillers can Elevate your Natural Face
Dermal fillers can give a subtle lift to those areas where our faces start to droop over time—like the cheeks, lips, chin, and temples. By adding extra volume in these areas, dermal fillers help to sharpen facial contours and create a flawless appearance again.
Our goal is always “Subtle and Natural”. At YouRestored, we want you to leave looking well rested and natural.
What do I need to do to get ready for the dermal filler procedure?
We are excited to help you get ready for your cosmetic filler appointment!
For your filler appointment, it isn’t necessary to modify your skin care routine. However, if possible, please consider coming in with a clean face (no makeup) as you will have to remove this prior to treatment.
There are a few things you should try to avoid for 48 hours prior to your appointment: St. Johns Wort, aspirin and ibuprofen, blood thinners, alcohol, vitamin E and fish oils. These may increase your chance of bleeding and bruising from the procedure.
If you have any questions about your medications or supplements make sure you talk to Dr. Esmay as he may have a specific recommendation for you.
Please plan your day accordingly, as you may leave the office with some mild swelling at the injection sites. There is no restriction in your skin care or makeup routine following treatment.
Dermal Filler Aftercare Instructions
- Be gentle with your face for the first several days. In general, avoid any activity that would increase circulation to the face and therefore increase swelling and/or bruising.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 24 hours. Walks, slow hiking, and lifting weights are all fine.
- Avoid hot water, steam, or direct sun on your face for 2-3 days to prevent excess swelling.
- Avoid firm direct pressure on the injected areas of the face for at least one week.
- Avoid placing your face in a massage cradle.
- Be wary of goggles.
- Be thoughtful about your pillow placement when sleeping.
- You may have some mild swelling and potential bruising of the treated areas for several days to weeks. Most bruises are subtle after one week. Under the eyes and the lips tend to swell the most.
- You may take Tylenol and or ibuprofen for soreness.
- Gently ice the treated areas frequently (15 minutes each hour on the first day) to help decrease swelling. Be gentle and do not freeze the skin.
- You may take Arnica to help with bruising.
- Infection is rare. Avoid routine dental procedures for two weeks after injection to decrease this risk further. Signs of infection include redness, warmth, swelling that increases after three days, or any drainage. If you have any potential signs of infection, please get in touch with us right away.
- Many cosmetic procedures may cause early degradation of your filler. If you have any other procedures, please notify your provider of your filler location to protect your results.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your recent injections, please contact our office. 512-504-7399
Is there Down Time with Dermal Fillers?
As no downtime is associated with dermal fillers, you can return to your normal routine after treatment. No need to take extra time off work or reschedule extra activities; you can begin enjoying your fresh look immediately!
By injecting hyaluronic acid, these treatments can add natural-looking volume, improve facial contours, and soften those deep wrinkles that may have been caused by aging.